AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
This post is for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
Solutions Architect Professional validates:
- Expertise in Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS.
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS
- Implementing cost control strategies
Who should take this exam:
Individuals who make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS. Individuals who define solutions, evolve existing system using new services. Are responsible to design scalable, secure, reliable, durable, and cost effective applications based on aws services.
Certification cost: 300 USD
Pre-requisite: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Number of Questions: 80 questions in 170 minutes
The questions are long and detailed, most of the questions will take around 1 min to read & comprehend. You will hard get time to go back and review. So during the exam keep and eye on the watch and when you practice do time management.
Multiple-choice: Has one correct response.
Multiple-response: Select more than one options that best answers the question or completes the sentence.
Professional exams are harder than associate in a sense because in Associate you will usually get obviously 2 wrong answers and 1 one close one and then the correct answer. In Professional exams most questions have equally possible answers and you are suppose to pick most suitable one. Hence you need to read the question carefully, because one word can have different answer. Also in the exam there were will be some misleading clues which you need to ignore. It’s very important to practice as many questions as possible to get used to not making mistakes.
Scaled scoring models are used to equate scores across multiple exam forms that may have slightly different difficulty levels. 70+% is a safe score.
Content Domains (weightage):
1. High Availability and Business Continuity (15%):
- Demonstrate ability to architect the appropriate level of availability based on stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrate ability to implement DR for systems based on RPO and RTO
- Determine appropriate use of multi-Availability Zones vs. multi-Region architectures
- Demonstrate ability to implement self-healing capabilities
- High Availability vs.Fault Tolerance
2. Costing (5%):
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural decisions that minimize and optimize infrastructure cost
- Apply the appropriate AWS account and billing set-up options based on scenario
- Ability to compare and contrast the cost implications of different architectures
3. Deployment Management (10%):
- Ability to manage the lifecycle of an application on AWS
- Demonstrate ability to implement the right architecture for development, testing, and staging environments
- Position and select most appropriate AWS deployment mechanism based on scenario
4. Network Design (10%):
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement networking features of AWS
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement connectivity features of AWS
5. Data Storage (15%):
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural trade off decisions involving storage options
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural trade off decisions involving database options
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage architecture
- Determine use of synchronous versus asynchronous replication
6. Security (20%):
- Design information security management systems and compliance controls
- Design security controls with the AWS shared responsibility model and global infrastructure
- Design identity and access management controls
- Design protection of Data at Rest controls
- Design protection of Data in Flight and Network Perimeter controls
7. Scalability & Elasticity (15%):
- Demonstrate the ability to design a loosely coupled system
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate front-end scaling architecture
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate middle-tier scaling architecture
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage scaling architecture
- Determine trade-offs between vertical and horizontal scaling
8. Cloud Migration & Hybrid Architecture (10%):
- Plan and execute for applications migrations
- Demonstrate ability to design hybrid cloud architectures